Dr. Bobby R. Bruce is a Postdoctoral Scholar at UC Davis where he primarily works on the gem5 computer architecture simulator as part of the Davis Computer Architecture Research group (DArchR). Prior to UC Davis, Bobby carried out research into the automatic optimization of Java bytecode within UCLA’s Software Evolution and Analysis Laboratory.
Bobby completed his PhD in Software Engineering from UCL in 2018, having been jointly supervised by Prof. Mark Harman and Dr. Justyna Petke, with Prof. Earl T. Barr as second-supervisor. His primary research focus during this time was the automated improvement of software’s non-functional properties using search-based software engineering.
In 2014, Bobby graduated with 1st class honours from Edinburgh Napier University with a Bachelors of Engineering (BEng) in Software Engineering.
A 1 Minute Resume
- 2014 – 2018 Software Engineering (PhD), University College London, UK
- 2009 – 2014 Software Engineering (BEng), Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- 2019 – [Present] Postdoctoral Scholar, UC Davis, CA
- 2018 – 2019 Postdoctoral Scholar, UCLA, CA
- 2017 – 2018 Lead Coding Tutor (part time), Richer Education, UK
- 2014 – 2014 Research and Development Engineer, Synopsys Inc., UK
- 2011 – 2012 Software Development Engineer, Microsoft Corp., Ireland
- 2010 – 2010 Software Engineer, Institute for Stem Cell Research, UK